Thursday, August 11, 2011

The deep breath before the plunge

Okay boys and girls I think it is high time for me to kick this shit up a notch.

As has been pointed out to me several people now, I have a decent amount of time on my hands seeing as I have finished my under-grad (my actual possession of a physical diploma being beside the point) and so if I really want to take this whole writing thing seriously (which I do) then I need to start:

a) writing as much as I possibly can.

and,

b) submitting work to anyone and anything that will take it in an attempt to get feedback from people who are both in the know and not people that I know.

With this in mind - and with this* helpful list in hand I am going to do just that.

*http://www.austwriters.com/AWRfiles/competitions.htm


At this point my expectations are not overly high - I am not going to win anything straight off the bat, and, if and when I start getting feedback it will most likely tear into whatever it is that I have put out there - still this is a necessary process - If my writing is going to develop past what it is now I need to practice, I need to have stuff torn to pieces so that I can sift through the remains and gather up the good bits (if indeed there are any).

Anyway, current story will be updated tomorrow, then it is my birthday this weekend (22 - how the fuck did that happen) and then once that is done with updates will resume - but, to quote a phrase, "faster and more intense."

Also advice on entries for competitions will be extremely welcome (that especially goes for you my dear lurkers and people who have forgotten that they should be reading this).

Till tomorrow,

M.

2 comments:

  1. very good. here are some story ideas:

    day in the life of a stockbroker

    london riots

    wizards

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm will give them ago (maybe less so the wizard thing) - already have a few ideas.

    ReplyDelete