Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Foundation

It seems like forever since I decided that it might be a good idea to start a blog (or whatever this happens to turn into) so that I could have a place to put up some of the stuff  I have been writing lately.
My first attempt, and there have been several, (go looking for them if you want but I imagine they would be as boring to read as they were to write) did not start or end fantastically.
Back then it occurred to me that I should probably build up from writing posts about everything and nothing to posting actual stories. Blogs became like diaries and a diaries can become pretty dull as soon as you start to string together uneventful days.

...Went to uni... Went to work... Thought of a story idea - didn't get round to writing anything about it.

You get the idea.

So this time I've decided to do something different. Because it seems to me that if taking things all slow and lazy like doesn't end up working you may as well just jump in at the deep end and see what happens.

So... Here we go.

It occurs to me that have a place where I can put my writing may force/encourage me to not only write more but to also actually go back and re-read what I have already written. To edit and re-edit. Which in theory should be good practice no?

Anyway, Oblogatory (blog titles should always be pun based) is now that place.
Stuff will be uploaded as I write it, or if I'm having a slow day/week I may put stuff up from the backlog of stuff that seems to be gathering dust on my hard drive so that I can edit and expand on existing ideas.

So welcome. Stay a while. Read some stuff. Add comments and criticism if you like.
I don't really mind.


P.S. Thank you for wading through what (hopefully) be the first of many rants.

P.P.S. Anything too nasty means I get to burn down at least part of your house.

M

No comments:

Post a Comment